Thursday, February 10, 2011

Scraproom--oh the horror



This is what I started with..empty room. It has a south facing window. It was orginally Pink with Green trim..not my doing, previous owners did that.

So this is what happened next..

There were a couple spots on the wall that had some peeling paint. And in preparation for priming I knew that you were suppose to scrape around these places until the old paint stopped flaking off..

On to the next photo...


I believe this was taken at hour two..not sure..I just know it took all day to scrape all the walls..latex paint over oil paint with no primer in between..not a good idea..

So the room is only primed at this point. It will get painted this weekend..

Oh and here is what you find under the first layer of paint.


I believe it is Mr. Peanut, not sure..but I'm thinking soo..

7 comments:

  1. Good luck on your room redo! Looks like a project that will be well worth it when done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh I love when people redo rooms!! I can't wait to see your final product!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some of your enthusiasm, K. I am excited for you. Wish I had a room to make over. My little room isn't much more than a large closet and it holds lots of stuff unrelated to scrapping. And too much scrapping stuff from the past that I will never use! I have to purge. Keep the photos coming, eh? Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Peanut, that's where he's been! Nothing like paint to give a room a dramatic look. Excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see how your room turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lots of work to be done!! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much.
    I believe my room is getting painted today while I am at work..I sooo hope so.

    ReplyDelete