Friday, February 11, 2011

Next Step

Ok I have been told my room is getting painted today while I am at work. I am really hoping so, but I am not sure...we will see.

So as always I am behind schedule.
I need to box up most of my room before Monday morning.
The shelves were purchased last night.

My Theory..
- box up all like items in same rubbermaid containers. So all stamps in one container. All dies, etc etc etc..
- Start putting stuff in containers (once the rubbermaids are upstairs) or put the item in their new home as I go..
- Have the table and other furniture up in room so we can move stuff and arrange stuff as necessary.
- The shelves are to be assembled and roughly placed. They were purchased from Lowes and they can hold up to a 1000 lbs..hey scrapbook stuff is heavy and I have a thing for metal and chipboard. The shelves are also 18 inches deep which means I can put a lot of stuff on there.

And again I am not going with the pretty all conformed looking stuff..I'm going eclectic, which is more my style. Lots of bright colours where possible.

After I see how many wood blocked stamps I have I have decided to make my own shelving unit. I haven't been able to find anything, but I figure if I use 1 x 4 wood I can make my own custom shelving unit for the stamps..I have a lot of stamps.

I am a I need to see it girl. And not direct vision. But it can't be in a container behind a cupboard door..I need to see the container. And with everything being so different I will know what it is that orange ceramic square pot that I am using to house such and such. And that pail blue double metal bucket will have this..I will know that..I have a weird memory.

I found a kitchen cart at Rona for $50..that is going to be my die cutting station. I it is relatively small in size but it is on wheels so I can roll it over to my desk when I need to.

I will have a printing / silhouette station..I have a spare 1950's table that can serve that purpose.
I have been downloading like no tomorrow since I got my Silhouette..would be nice to actually use it.

I have decided to go binder style for all my unmounted rubber. I will use report covers and sheet protectors.
I still want to inventory all my stamps but that will take time.

It's coming together.
I am so looking forward to using my stash.
I have yet to try my ten second studios stuff..

OH....and I have decided to put up pictures of Marilyn Monroe all over my room. Why cause I have a thing for her. I even made a mini-book a couple years ago.

Will my room be finished as of Monday..Hell no..will it be scrapable.. yes.
There will be other things that need to be bought, but we all only got so much coin..

No comments:

Post a Comment