Friday, March 4, 2011

What have I learned

Well I found some really cool stuff I didn't know I had.
I so just want to scrapbook something.

I really miss my hobby.
My room makes me happy

And it doesn't matter how cool or cheap the stamp is..unmounted rubber is not worth it. I cut up 4.5 sheets of Ez mount last night. But with my Tim Holtz scissors it was easy. My hands didn't even hurt after. And Un-Du is the greatest product ever!!!!


I also learned that cling stamps are much thicker than acrylic..And business card holder sheets work very well for stamps that are smaller. Yes that is 7 Binders worth of stamps. But I will remind you cling is very thick. I think one binder only has 15 6x6 stamps in it and then it was full.


I am not allowed to buy the following anymore:
first we start with types of stamps..
- trees
- script
- ledger
- grids
- flowers
- flourishes and swirls
- postal themed
- clocks, time or anything related

Secondly.
- no more flock, glitter, adhesive

Thirdly
- ATC stuff

Fourthly
- pockets, envelopes

Fifthly
- storage stuff

Sixthly
- alterable stuff

Honestly there should be a sevenly..(is that even a word--spell check is saying no..but I'm going with it anyway)
- metal..but I love metal. Chunky metal embellishments.


That is off the top of my head.


So what is left for me to do in my room..
ok..re-arrange my punches.
sort my paper
still purge some things
work on my ribbon
get decorative fun shelves up..
finish emptying down stairs scraproom
purge
find my ATC Carousel--it has been located
decide on some furniture options
and tweaking..I'm sure there will always be tweaking..

Longer ambitiousness--stamp off images for my stamps that do not have a card in front of them so I know what they are.
I did order some business card holders for my smaller stamps. They came in yesterday--and they are dealt with.

Tuesday night I sat on my bed and dealt with all my acrylics and cling stamps. I also sorted thru all my metal embellishments. I really need to get a tv in my scraproom. I just need it on to hear it and be able to look up from time to time to see it. Its a comforting thing to me. Always have been that way. And tv is always on in my house. Unless I am in music mode and its blaring. I just like the noise I think. I have done that since I was 11 or 12..always when I am home alone...which is getting less and less now.
Well more pictures to follow..(they are above)

The tv from the kitchen (with a longer cable cord added) does reach my scraproom..YAY..

5 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up at your not allowed to buy list. Too funny. I agree, there should be a sevenly... Has a nice ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your do not buy list--i have a couple of the same ones as you--i dont know why i have so many tree stamps? to funny hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least now you know what not to buy. some good does come from cleaning out every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "Not To Buy" list - I've been trying to use up the stash I have now. Hmm...might take a few years! LOL! Definitely need to make that list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Good luck on that "Not to Buy List"... I tried that, too, but they keep bringing out new stuff and I've just GOT to have it, so I do. Stash hunger, stash gluttony. What's a girl to do?

    ReplyDelete