Monday, March 28, 2011

The Printer Tray

About a month ago I bought a printer tray, (I have actually picked up two now)...anyway, I purchased it to
fill it with random treasures I had found, purchased..etc..(a picture of the tray can be found in the link)
Printer Tray--Treasures Post

Anyway..I have been purchasing, and searching the house and I started to assemble my tray last night.
This is proving more difficult than I thought. Some of those compartments are very small.
This is the start of what I did last night.
I used glue dots and pop dots (with glue dots) to adhere things to the tray. I assume the glue dots wouldn't damage the tray or the item.
And can I just point out that the paddle lock is heavy and there is about 10 glue dots on it and it is holding strong.



This is a 1960's glass needle I bought yesterday for $3..
There are a few more items that were added after I took the picture. But it is coming along. I think it will take a while to finish it. But that is half the fun looking for weird, interesting items to put in there. I am going to make a template and keep it in my purse so I know how big something can be. Still very shocked at the size of some of these. I can take out some dividers..but it just seems wrong to change the tray itself.
The other tray I got not sure what I will put in it yet. I can't see me doing this to it. Cause I believe this project is going to prove to be very expensive.

 And I bought a bag full of old watches for $14..this is one of the one's in the bag. It's a lady's Bulova watch. IT WORKS!!! and I assume it pre-dates 1948 as there are no date markings on it. Gonna get it checked out.
The other watches did not work. I have taken them apart to use for scrapbooking. I think one of the faces or something will make it into the tray.

Oh and tomorrow is Tuesday..I will be scrapbooking..or I will be in my room doing something. I think I will divide my time between putting stuff away and scrapbooking!!

Thinking that another ATC or something similar is in the mix.

5 comments:

  1. Your printer tray project looks fun, I love the things you've found so far to put in it, good luck with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool tray! Did you find it at a flea market? It will be fun to fill it up with unique stuff. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definately a cool project! Love the watch and all the pieces parts! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I have a Bulova watch like that I got from my Aunt, and the watch case is real gold! Good score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good .. will be fantastic once its all done .. loving that old needle

    ReplyDelete